1/13/2009

Damn Fool.

holt's cafe_Holt Renfrew


holt's cafe


Baby bok choy & mushrooms


Saturday afternoon, I met Mr. X for lunch at holt's cafe. A sparkly, modern space, I couldn't resist snapping a few pics. Mr. X, however, was the opposite of sparkly. His personality's drier than toast, so I really had to work to keep the conversation going. Sigh. I can see why the man's still single. Seriously, how can a guy make it to the advanced age of 40-something and not know how to conduct a simple, casual conversation? It's really not that hard.

A few hours later, he texted me about how he had a good time and I made him laugh. Well, duh. Someone had to save the encounter from awkward silence no-man's-land. In all honesty, I've never met anyone as socially stunted as he is.

After texting back and forth over the weekend, Mr. X asked me yesterday if he could come see me. I said, Sure...what time? He said, Next Thursday, 22nd.
I thought to myself, You've got to be kidding me.

To clarify, this guy's been in near constant contact with me for about 2 and a half weeks. He's made all kinds of claims about how he's going to "make my dreams come true", given me numerous gifts, and basically, come on hotter and heavier than any other client I've ever had. So why wait 10 days to see me again? Is he not he trying to build up some kind of momentum here? What's with the delay?

I texted him back, Ok...:) Are you going to be away until the 22nd? His answer was, No. But if I want to do dinner or get sexually frustrated we can see each other before then.

Whaaat???

Has this guy been trying to play me all along? Was it ever his intention to become a regular client? Or has he been trying to "charm" his way into dating me? Either way, major fail on his part. There was never any chance of me dating him, and now, any leeway he may've earned as a client has been lost.

In other words, if he texts me between now and next Thursday, it'll take me hours to get back to him.
And, if we meet next Thursday for an "intimate encounter", I'll make sure he's out the door the moment his time's up.

Damn fool.

At this point, I'm wondering if the money's worth having to deal with this jackass any longer.