1/21/2010

Today's Tip

20 Minute Workout

Get good workout music.

It's important as a motivation tool and you can't underestimate the power of great music to get your ass in gear. My weapon of choice is Hed Kandi: A Taste of Kandi (Summer 2006). What I love about it is that it starts off at a moderate pace and then builds up to a rousing tempo in the end (45 minutes later), after which I then restart it for a 10 minute cooling down period and some ab crunches (I hate doing them but they're a "necessary evil" to avoid back pain). My entire workout lasts about an hour which suits me just fine. Each track is edited down to 3 minute segments of pure aural pleasure and I've included a few samples below to give you a taste. One thing's for sure: without my Kandi I'd be a lot more sedentary, a miserable mass of aches and pains and feeling like a stranger in my own body. These days, I can climb a flight of stairs without losing my breath like an asthmatic 80-year-old and my heart thanks me for it. If this keeps up, I'm going to enter a marath-...*snort!* Yeah, right.


___________________________________________

NEW POST
Anna Netrebko