11/06/2009

Be the Buyer


ModCloth Asks Customers to Be the Buyer
A retailer's primary role may be that of curator and tastemaker, but that doesn't mean that the crowds can't pitch in to help. Online indie clothing retailer ModCloth asks its customers to help choose which items to take into production. [...]

BE THE BUYER
SAMPLE 46
This dress is hot. it's not overly flared...I think it would be extremely flattering on many body types...those needing to hide curves and those needing to build curves.

It's beautiful! What a great piece to spice up with some color! It's beautifully tailored as well.

Drab and unflattering.

oh this is soo cute. my bottom is curvy so i don't know how it would fit me. i'd try it with a pair of black tights. i think it would look lovely on my one girlfriend who has no butt- it would help create the illusion of curves.

The pleats at the hip aren't flattering. It will make me look like a giant pear....not good.

Very pretty. I agree though that the shape is a little tricky to rock...

I'm not a fan of the shape. If you can fill it out you'll pull at the pleats, if you can't fill it out you look like exotic vegetable matter.


SAMPLE 9
I loooove this dress! It has a beautiful ethnic pattern on the bottom, and it think it would look fabulous with platform heels and chunky bracelets.

I really am not a fan of all these dresses with the cotton tops. Not expensive looking enough.

I think that if you got this and got the right jacket to go over it, it would look pretty nice.


SAMPLE 9
The zipper is kind of a killer for it, but it's also so small of a detail that I don't think it deserves a skip. It's still pretty and a jacket or cardigan or something could cover the zipper.

The zipper makes it look tacky.

I too, was about to vote YES but then saw the zipper, which make it looks cheap and sleazy. I feel modcloth demographic is better represented by chic, retro, semi-trendy, classy styled women and although the zipper fits the retro category the front of the dress is more cross over retro-trendy. Sorry it's a no!

It's not my style but I was all for voting yes on it until I saw the zipper! Now while I love the exposed zipper trend it just looks so sloppy here! Like a 101 fashion student slapped a zipper on the back from the craft store. Not attractive at all.


SAMPLE 6
Another 'cute' dress that I skipped, because it looks so insanely short/revealing. As someone who hates the "dress over skinny jeans/leggings/pants" look... I would love for ModCloth to get more mid-length dresses and skirts. More options around knee length would be fantastic!

The tailoring is amazing! Very flattering and feminine with a play on menswear with the details... would look great with the shabooties that are said to be the newest trend this fall..

I'm not crazy about the colors, and I feel like it could have been more feminine. It's a nifty cut and all, but I think I"ll skip it.

I love the front! So gorgeous!

Cute, but I can't help thinking the front of the top looks a bit stripper like.

Nice, flattering silhouette.

I don't know if I love it or hate it. It might just be the colors. I also kind of wish that instead of the polka dot fabric that it was sheer and lacy instead. I think I'll skip.

Cute. Reminds me of an abstract tuxedo t-shirt though.


ABOUT US
Eric & Susan of ModCloth

JUST A GIRL IN A THRIFT STORE
It’s hard to believe that’s how ModCloth began!

In high school, I fell in love with vintage fashion and the thrill of scouring thrift stores or estate sales for amazing finds. No matter what the size, I couldn't leave a beautiful piece of clothing behind. I'd buy it for a friend or swear to use the buttons someday, and I started to acquire quite a collection.

Then, during the summer after our senior year, my techie boyfriend, Eric, helped me create ModCloth. It was very small at first. We only had a few items in each category, but we had a sale on the very first day! [...]

--------------------------------------------
Shop Till You Drop: Modcloth
I’ll make this short because I have some drama I need to attend to this a.m. If you know anything about me, I’m NOT a fan of drama. I am however a fan of ModCloth! Featuring some of our favorite indie brands like Soundgirl Clothing, Jeffrey Campbell Shoes, Tulle, Stop Staring, Poketo and Nick & Mo this site is sure to become one of your top shopping destinations. [...]
--------------------------------------------
MISSDELITE'S PICKS
Bande a Part tunic__Nouvelle Vague__$44.99

Salutations dress__$57.99

Corner Office skirt__$39.99 (sold out)

Street Art skirt__Mink Pink__$82.99

Lillehammer booties__Jeffrey Campbell__$149.99

Electra heels__$47.99 (sold out)
______________________________________________

LINK
Holt Renfrew - Fall line
______________________________________________

NEW POSTS
Gustavo Dudamel
Quote
______________________________________________