12/30/2008

BYOM

Yoda, Darth and a Shuffle by yinyang_flickr.com


Was with someone last night.
Very nice.
He was smart, fun and not bad-looking in a "nice Canadian boy" kind of way.
Complete opposite of Mr. X.
I mean, time just flew by and it was such a relief to be with someone who's easygoing.
This guy reminded me that not every man out there is a lame duck when it comes to women. For this, I say to him: Thank you.

Anyway, he and I were doing our thing in this middle-of-the-road hotel room, when from the TV's music station I hear these lyrics:
Cheeseburger in paradise
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
Not too particular not too precise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

That song, in case you're wondering, is Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffett, a happy-go-lucky tune better suited for drowning a cold ale on a warm patio than for actually gettin' lucky.
As I quipped to the guy later "Nothin' says fuckin' like a cheeseburger in paradise." We laughed and laughed and laughed...

The point I'm making here is this: BYOM - or - Bring Your Own Music. If you're planning an intimate rendezvous away from home, don't forget the iPod. Hotel music selection isn't geared towards setting the right mood, so you may find that while in the middle of a passionate embrace, after you've been serenaded by a decent cover of You Are So Beautiful, along comes Jimmy in his white Bermuda shorts at the head of a conga line. Want in? No? Didn't think so.

Keep in mind, I'm counting on the fact that your idea of sexy music isn't 'Cheeseburger in Paradise'. If it is, well...try this on for size: Sex 'n' Luv

You're welcome ;)