12/27/2008

Mr. X

Tiger Dragon Yin Yang_babagene.net

This Simbol(Yin-Yang) represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other.

While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold. (fly.cc.fer.hr)


Service Worker dress_butikofer.com/store

Met someone recently. Let's call him "Mr. X". Only reason I mention it is because this pseudo-relationship could be significant. He's not my type, but in times of famine, who's the most attractive guy in the room? The one with the bread, that's who. If Mr. X behaves himself, he could be sticking around for a little while (a few months, that is) and he could potentially change my life for the better - and by better - I mean financially-speaking.

Some (ok, lots of) women get queasy at the notion of being with a man just for the opportunities he might bring her way. But name me one individual who's reached where they are today without the helping hand of another. You can't. Ok yes, I get it - there's the "ick" factor. You're required to be intimate with someone you're not attracted to. That's a tough one to deal with and probably why I'm still broke. However, I know I've certain skills with men which from time to time have served me well. And when it comes to paying the bills, you learn to get past the "ick" real fast.

Yesterday, Mr. X bought me a dress (pic above) from here. He didn't do too badly considering he's met me twice and doesn't know a thing about me except that he likes what he sees and I'm charming as hell. It's not my style, but in a pinch it could work as let's say...a church-going outfit? Did I mention he's religious? Well, he is. He goes to church every Sunday, and even though he isn't preaching to me (oh dear god, please don't let him start), he doesn't want me swearing in front of him. Not even "hell" is acceptable. Me, I've been to church service maybe three times in my entire life and had to struggle to stay awake. I think I'm a Baptist but I'm not absolutely sure. Needless to say, I have to suppress my rebel instincts around him. And by-the-by, how fitting is it that the dress is called "Service Worker"? I didn't notice that 'til now and I don't think he knew that when he bought it (it wasn't on the tags).

Now, the "success" of my relationship with Mr. X will depend almost entirely on how well I can convince him I'm just as much into him as he's into me. To put it mildly, he's not exactly the Yin to my Yang (or vice versa). I don't expect him to be, but unfortnately, that's what he expects from me. I gotta tell you, this shit ain't easy. Some women can pull it off and for that they should probably receive a medal - or at least write a book. For example, Wendy Deng and Rupert Murdoch. Can you imagine letting ol' Rupie eat you out every night? Does he take out his dentures first? Mr. X isn't Rupert Murdoch. He's no George Clooney, but then there can be only one George Clooney and the chances of meeting his real world twin are just about zip.

If things don't work out with Mr. X, I'll probably delete this entire post and never mention the matter again. You know, pretend it didn't happen? But if things do work out, you may be seeing me post pics from here in the not-so-distant future.

Uhhh...wish me luck?