3/02/2009

John Cusack







Inside the Actors Studio
Host: James Lipton

Look Lipton, we both know you creep me out


Seriously dude, quit staring at me


I'm gonna pretend you're Joan


Ok, you won me over - wanna grab a beer?


FYI
John started acting when he was 17.

Say Anything (1989) - "When I was in high school, I sympathized with the punks."
-"I wasn't going to play some old man's (producer James Brooks) fantasy of a young man."
Trailer

John founded New Crime Productions when he was 19 - "Film and art and theatre and things should have a revolutionary spirit."
- "You want to throw a brick through a window once in a while."
ITAS - New Crime

Grosse Pointe Blank (1997 - prod. by New Crime) - "I like working in an ensemble."
Trailer

Pushing Tin (1999) - "I drank lots of coffee."
Trailer

Being John Malkovich (1999 - prod. by New Crime) "I said, Give me a script nobody wants."

High Fidelity (2000) - "I love actors."
- "I knew Jack (Black) from the LA theatre scene."
- "I don't know if I could've gotten through being a teenager without The Clash."

1408 (by Stephen King) - "You can't do a Stephen King and not end up a believer...it takes a big ego to think there's only you. I'm an egomaniac, but not that big of an egomaniac."

ITAS - Questionnaire
True Colors - Fan Vid
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Trailer
Identity - Trailer
The Ice Harvest - Trailer
I Love John Cusack - Fan Vid
How Not to Start an Interview

Why is John Cusack Still a Hottie? 1408 Reasons
One thing I love about John is, like a good boyfriend, you can count on him.
That despite the character he is portraying –whatever character it may be– there’s always an essence of that comfortingly familiar Cusack angst. Sure, that can be considered a bad quality for an actor, but not for John. And in actuality, he’s like a great surfer, who you don’t think is as good as he is, because he’s so casual about it -it comes so natural- that he makes even the most difficult maneuvers seem easy.

That still doesn’t explain away his sex appeal. Cusack is our generation’s anti-hero, anti-celeb, anti-sex-god. And unlike other actors that reasonably or not are considered for the role -Clooney, Pitt, Penn- he doesn’t need to advertise it. I went out to dinner last night, and even the guys in our party (all straight) concurred. Frankly, I was surprised to what extent men are equally a sucker for Cusack’s charms. When I threw it out there that if you dissect him, piece by piece (his kinda thin, strangely shaped lips, his new wave eyebrows, his grungy lanky stance), that John Cusack is not a very attractive man, well, I was met with fierce opposition. One guy actually seemed to be offended by my comment, challenging me with his response of “He’s attractive. What are you talking about? Come’on, you know he’s good looking!” Okay, okay, yes, he’s cute - I mean, I’m bringing up the topic in the first place. I’m just not certain why! Why is Cusack still such a hottie?!?

**********************************************
NEW POSTS
Fetish Models
For the Perfect Ass
Two Tiers