3/25/2009

Norman Rockwell

(1894 - 1978)

Asking for Directions in French (1932)





























Freedom of Speech

Bio

Quotes
"I cannot convince myself that a painting is good unless it is popular. If the public dislikes one of my Post covers, I can’t help disliking it myself."

"If a picture wasn't going very well, I'd put a puppy in it."

"I used to sit in the studio with a copy of the Post laid across my knees," Rockwell once wrote. "Must be two million people look at that cover,' I'd say to myself. All looking at that cover. And then I'd conjure up a picture of myself as a famous illustrator, surrounded by admiring females, and being wined and dined by the editor of the Post, Mr. George Horace Lorimer."

"The view of life I communicate in my pictures," Rockwell wrote, "excludes the sordid and ugly. I paint life as I would like it to be."

***********************************************
NEW POSTS
Slideshows
McAd McSucks