3/22/2009

Starting Over

Point and Trigger by estheticcore [flickr.com]

My computer caught a virus yesterday morning and I'm 98% sure which site it came from.

What a fucking drag.

I was on the phone for 4 hours troubleshooting the problem which unfortunately caused me to lose all of my files - pics, music, bookmarks - everything.

The directory I've been working on over at Miss Delite is incomplete. All of the interesting fashion designers and photographers I had saved are gone, gone, fucking gone.

So, I have to start over. This little "hobby" of mine that's blossomed into a full-on preoccupation may be put on hold for a while until I can rebuild my cache of goodies - articles, pics, features and whatnot.

Or, it just might be business as usual. After all, it's the internet and I've already noted a couple of items I want to spotlight.

First however, I need to send a big shout out to Glen at HP for being such an ultra-cool and patient customer service rep. What a rare entity he is. Glen's somewhere in a small town in BC (pop. 70,000) and he repairs/builds computers on the side. I'd totally marry him if I could out of sheer gratitude (and for the free computer service).

If there's a lesson to be learned from all this, it's that I won't be clicking on any more suspect pop-ups ever again.

And for god's sake, I've got to back up my files.