3/01/2010

Fuck Fashion

Sizing Up the Fashion Industry
"I can open up any magazine or pick any show and tell you what girls are taking Adderall, how many girls are taking Vicodin, how many girls are throwing up, how many girls are carrying flasks," he said. "Girls are really resorting to incredibly dangerous things."
_________________________________________________

NEW POST
Runway: Spring 2010
Jak & Jil - blog
_________________________________________________

Hey, it's Missdelite here. I feel I need to qualify the title of this post. When I say "Fuck Fashion", I refer to an industry that supports the phenomenon of the ever-shrinking model - not the creation, manufacture and enjoyment of beautiful clothes. Yes, there's a definite body conscious / sportswear trend in the spring looks this year, but a woman with curves can rock the shit out of them if she's confident and fit. In fact, I think a healthier woman would look better in the clothes I feature than the emaciated models you see wearing them. Unfortunately, fashion designers, editors and buyers shy away from body fat / muscle on female models as some sort of sick projection of their own weaknesses. Have you seen some of these people? Their expanding waistlines could no more fit into designer clothes than their egos through a standard-sized doorway. No wonder they get herded into tents!