3/28/2010

Till Death




Matt Damon Loves His Wife, But Kind of Hates the Whole Marriage Thing
COMMENT
Actually, I feel the same way, and my husband knows it. We have a preschool son and a good relationship. But it's a good thing he travels a lot, because things go a lot smoother for me sometimes when he isn't around. Living with a partner is really hard. All the day-to-day stuff of paying bills and cleaning up and raising the kid grinds down a lot of the passion that brought us together.

Maybe my ambivalence about marriage comes from the fact that this is my second time around. My ex was a violent alcoholic abuser, so my current (and last) husband is a big step up. But if something were to happen, I wouldn't try my luck a third time. And if I ended up with someone who'd never been married and wanted the chance to experience it, he would have to find someone else.